IPFW_TABLES_MAX in src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Fri Aug 29 09:32:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to make small changes in ipfw2.c code, but make fails with
following error:

v02# make
cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -Wno-pointer-sign -c
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c: In function 'table_handler':
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c:5941: error: 'IPFW_TABLES_MAX' undeclared
(first use in this function)
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c:5941: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
/usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c:5941: error: for each function it appears in.)
*** Error code 1

IPFW_TABLES_MAX seems like defined in netinet/ip_fw.h, which is included
in ipfw2.c:

#define IPFW_INTERNAL   /* Access to protected structures in ip_fw.h. */
#include <netinet/ip_fw.h>

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Basically I'm trying to add small feature (list all tables) to ipfw
something like:

ipfw table all list

I know it is possible to write small shell script to display all the
tables and IPs.
However I thought it might be useful to have such small feature in ipfw2
code.
Correct me if I'm wrong here.

thanks,

Ganbold