ipfw forwarding doesn't work - for more than 2 months. --- please help

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:12:26 PST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 12:18 PM, Sam Wun <swun2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have read the manpages and freebsd handbook more than 20 tiems.

Oh?  Then I think you must have read this in ipfw manpage:
The fwd action does not change the contents of the packet at all.  In
particular, the destination address remains unmodified, so packets
forwarded to another system will usually be rejected by that system
unless there is a matching rule on that system to capture them.

Best Regards,
sephe

> On Nov 28, 2007 2:40 PM, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 28, 2007 10:03 AM, Sam Wun <swun2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I setup the following ipfw rules in freebsd 6.2:
> > > belmore# ipfw list
> > > 00001 allow udp from any to any dst-port 500
> > > 00001 allow esp from any to any
> > > 00001 allow esp from any to any
> > > 00001 allow ipencap from any to any
> > > 00001 allow ipencap from any to any
> > > 00020 fwd 192.168.1.222 ip from any to 220.233.24.213 dst-port 80 in
> >
> > I don't think this does the rdr you intended.  Please take a look at
> > ipfw manpage.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > sephe
> >
> > > I don't know what is wrong that the freebsd server (6.2) can't
> > > redirect/forward http request to an internal server (web server -
> > > 192.168.1.222).
> > >
> > > Can anyone please give suggestion to modify this rules?
> > > Or can you please post your workable ipfw rules that achieved the same goal?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > --
> > Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die