ip6fw byte reporting error in v6

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Aug 7 06:12:49 PDT 2007

Hi,

Fiddling around with ipfw, I noticed that 'ip6fw -ta l', under byte
reports, does not include the base IPv6 header in the length
calculation (hmm.. I wonder how it would calculate the length of
extension-header chained packet).

IPv4 byte statistics, on the other hand, include the IPv4 header
bytes.

Is this a known problem?  Is it a more general BSD kernel problem?