ipfw with nat - allowing by MAC address

AT Matik asstec at matik.com.br
Sun Apr 22 10:09:55 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 April 2007 06:13, Lubomir Georgiev wrote:
> As a side note - I had found "sysctl net.link.ether.ipfw=1" and it was
> enabled during my endless futile attempts.
> I believe that my problem lies in my rules but I can't figure out what's
> wrong with them.... So someone please help.

you do not read with attention ...

on a router (natd) you do not have layer2 traffic, obviously then you can not
analise it, even loading if_bridge makes no sense since there is no such
traffic so you're wasting your time

if you need to block MACs you need to do it on switch level or put a freebsd
bridge between the stations and your natd gateway

João