Patch to add burst to dummynet ?

Donald Baud donaldbaud at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 06:12:03 PST 2006

Looking back in the mailing archives http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=62536+0+archive/2003/freebsd-ipfw/20030907.freebsd-ipfw , I found a message saying that it would be trivial to add burst support in dummynet.
In that message, it says to change in ip_dummynet.c :

-       if (len_scaled > q->numbytes )
+       if (len_scaled > q->numbytes + q->burst_size)

I did that, even tried len_scaled = 0
But I don't see any difference after recompiling, kldunload/kldload dummynet.

I still get the same throughput with wget --progress=dot some_file