natd -redirect_port

JJB Barbish3 at adelphia.net
Mon May 17 06:15:31 PDT 2004

Now wouldn't it just be better all the way around to create the IPFW
loadable module that is distributed with the system, with the
correct divert and logging options so it's not an mandatory
requirement to compile the kernel. Why make this so difficult for
the normal user?. Simpler and easier is always better than more
complicated. Look at it this way, A firewall without logging is
useless, and the majority of people who use IPFW have an lan behind
their IPFW firewall, so the sensible thing to do is distribute the
IPFW loadable module configured in an manner to address the needs of
the largest user group. As it's distributed now the loadable module
is all most completely useless so why even have one?

My personal option is the IPFW loadable module is not configured
correctly and needs to be corrected.