Multiple natd and inbound web traffic

asd ads jason_highland at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 23:14:17 PST 2004

Hi

I have the following setup below.  A FreeBSD 4.9
machine with 3 nics fxp0, fxp1 and ed0. Fxp0 is
connected to my DSL connection, fxp1 is connected to
my Cable connection and ed0 is my internal network.

xx.xx.12.1     yy.yy.34.1
---------        ------
|  DSL  |        |Cable|
---------        ------
   |               |
    \             /
     \           /
      \         /
       \       /
        \     /
    fxp0 |    | fxp1
   .12.2 |    |.34.2
	 |    |
    ----------------
    |      FW       |
    | Default route |
    |  xx.xx.12.1   |
    |	            |
    -----------------

            |ed0
            |192.168.200.1

          -----
	  |   |
	  |   | Web Server
          |   | 192.168.200.10:80
          |   |
          -----

What I'm trying to do:

Need to have inbound web traffic (from both
connections) foward to the same internal web server.

Problem:

When a web connection is made to xx.xx.12.2:80(DSL),
its nated to 192.168.200.10:80(websrv) and then back
to the client(all is well at this point).

The problem occars when a connection is made to
yy.yy.34.2:80(cable), it's nated with the second
instance of nat to 192.168.200.10:80(websrv) but when
it trys to respond back to the client the default
route forces it back thru the first connection.

Does anyone have a good example of a fwd & divert
rules that would help with this issue?

Thanks in advance

Jason Highland