does NATd _prevent_ use of stateful ipfw rules w/ keep-state?

OpenMacNews freebsd-ipfw.20.openmacews at spamgourmet.com
Wed Jun 2 21:51:48 PDT 2004

> and given that there are alternatives packet filters,
> i suggest people to use them if they are not happy with the
> performance of natd or the complexity of writing a working
> configuration with belt and suspenders

for *BSD, yes there are other options ...

just fyi, ipfw is the only available in-kernel option on OSX (I'm also implementing there as well).  rumor has it that Apple is considering a move to ipfw2, but for now that's all there is.

but i'm happy to learn/work through getting it done w/ natd, etc. per your suggestion.  hence, my _still_open_ questions to this list ...

richard