ipfw fwd

sid at merlin.com.ua sid at merlin.com.ua
Thu Jul 1 10:56:42 PDT 2004

Hello Chuck,

Thursday, July 1, 2004, 9:56:52 AM, you wrote:
CS> The normal IP routing table only makes decisions based upon the destination IP
CS> address.  The IPFW fwd command can make decisions based on many other
CS> criteria, such as the sender IP address, port # or protocol, etc.

CS> However, there are also some ports will handle other routing mechanisms beyond
CS> RIPv2, such as OSPF and BGP/EGP: quagga, zebra, etc....

IMHO zebra and so on manipulate standard routing table inside kernel.
and situation that kernel routing table cannot use from From-to
routing, only destination. and, very important that zebra (dynamic
routing, OSPF) and ipfw_fwd not a frend! I cannot use in friendship zebra
and fwd.
BGP it's protocol for between AS routing, not inside AS.
IMHO IMHO..