Burst

Ivo Vachkov ivo at bsdmail.org
Sat Sep 6 07:59:54 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on traffic shaping features on several platforms and I coudn't find is there a way to implement *burst* on FreeBSD. I know Cisco has it and Linux (iproute2/tc + TBF) has it, but none of the BSD seems to have similar feature (at least I couldn't find ...).

So can you point me out a way to implement such using IPFW+Dummynet if one exists. Thank you in advance.

        Ivo Vachkov

P.S. I wrote some code to implement burst using divert(4) sockets, but it's still too bare. If you can point me documentation, descibing traffic engeneering techniques/algorithms I'll be thankfull too