Allow all traffic for a specific process

Philip Reynolds philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie
Fri May 9 09:04:04 PDT 2003

Daniela <dgw at liwest.at> 29 lines of wisdom included:
> > > home directory.
> > > I don't want my files to be writable by others.
> > > How do I do that?
> >
> > The files just need to be readable by the GID that the process runs as, not
> > writable.
>

> I mean, I don't want my files to be readable and writable by anyone else.
> The process creates and writes the files, so it needs write access.

Run the process as a separate user.

Create a group, and add yourself and the user that the process is
running under to that group.

Make the directory under your home directory writeable by your group
(chmod g+rw /path/to/dir)

Set the appropiate umask(2) or use chmod(2) to create the appropiate
permissions on the files.

--
Philip Reynolds                      | RFC Networks Ltd.
philip.reynolds at rfc-networks.ie      | +353 (0)1 8832063