ipfw + http : apache

Martins Dzelde dzelde at parks.lv
Thu May 1 11:32:08 PDT 2003

Hi,

Priori I installed Apache2.0, whcich worked fine, then I added natd and ipfw
for internet connection sharing on the same FreeBSD box and the web server
stopped working properly. That is, the server is running and listening to
the adress X:80, but I cant access the web content on my server.

 Now, if I turn off the firewall by

> sysctl net.inet.ip.fw.enable=0

than it works fine... from an outside computer I can access my web
doccuments but can not access them when I turn on the firewall.

I have the followign rules set:

ipfw add 00100 divert natd all from any to any
ipfw add 00200 allow ip from any to any

The Firewall default configuration is to deny all from any to any, hence
there is the final rule

... 65535 deny ip from any to any

when cheking the ipfw counters with ipfw -a list, the I get that the only
the first two are used and there is no use of the rule 65535 ie:

00100    xxx    xxx    divert 8668 ip from any to any
00200    xxx    xxx    allow ip from any to any
65535    0        0        deny ip from any to any

Please, help me to allow the outside world access my http documents.

Thanks in advance,
Martins.