need testers for a ipfw rule generation script!

Per Engelbrecht per at xterm.dk
Sun Dec 28 23:07:25 PST 2003

Hi Bjoern, Boris, et al
On certain occasions I've seen TCP query's (!) in my log . Don't ask me
why, but a thread on the bind-list (a year ago or so) described how
someMS-clients used TCP and not UDP to query a DNS server. If you read RFC
1034/1035  you will see that zone-transfer between servers is always
TCP,while a query is "always" on UDP. I allow both TCP and UDP query in my
firewall ruleset on my public DNS servers for the same reason.

/per
per at xterm.dk