IPFW for IPv6

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Dec 18 08:26:24 PST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 01:12:13AM +0900, Hideki Yamamoto wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in ipfw for IPv6, especially on dummynet.
> Does someone have information on ipfw for IPv6?

Two students of mine have a basically working version of
ipfw2 for ipv6 (with dummynet too). I need to review the code
before making patches available, though.

In the detail, the layer2 version of the code (where ipv6 fields
are matched within ether_input()/ether_output(), are ok,
whereas the layer3 version (call from ip6input(), ip6output())
need a bit more debugging when used with dummynet because suspending
and resuming computation within ip6output() is tricky for the
amount of state around -- that was time consuming in ipv4 as well.

	cheers
	luigi