About /boot being a symlink to /efi/boot and ZFS

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Tue Jan 26 21:59:24 UTC 2010

On Jan 26, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:

> A few questions before I start:
>
> 1. By "EFI boot manager" do you mean the EFI firmware?

Yes.

> 2.	Do I still need to have hw.pci.lattimer.max="64"
> 	in /boot/loader.conf?

No, you can remove that line and revert the patches I gave you.
It seems that the latency timer doesn't really help.

What I think right now (I can't recall having changed my thinking
so often as with trying to figure out the spontaneous reboot) is
that it's actually bge(4) that causes the wegde. No matter what
I run, I can't seem to cause the spontaneous reboot. The package
build is different in that it really uses a lot of networking...
Thus: I need to be able to trigger the problem myself in order
to further analyze it. There's just too much going on while
packages are being built to figure out exactly what is causing
the wedge.

[aside: wedge causes spontaneous reboot]

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com