syscons support for ia64

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Mon Feb 8 05:38:24 UTC 2010

On Feb 7, 2010, at 3:38 AM, Rink Springer wrote:

> Anyway, it'd be nice if someone could test this. I plan on committing it
> once I finish up the detection support so it can be in GENERIC.

Works great. There's just 1 minor point:

The console is determined by the HCDP information and uart(4)
respects that. syscons doesn't and it simply claims the console
even if the HCDP information says the console is serial. With
syscons I need to boot with -h to get the serial console.

It would be great to have syscons respect the HCDP information
as well so that one can select the console in EFI and see that
FreeBSD automatically adjusts.

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar