syscons support for ia64

Rink Springer rink at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 7 11:37:57 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've finally managed to get to my syscons ia64 vga-driver up-to-date.
It implements a vga(4)-like driver which will actually work on ia64
systems (in fact, I'm pretty sure it would work on i386/amd64 too but I
have not yet tested this theory)

The patch is available at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~rink/ia64/ia64-syscons-20100207.diff

Note that a rather serious caveat is that it just assumes you have a
VGA-device, it will not attempt to detect it. My goal is to just look at
the memory map to see if the appropriate ranges are mapped to I/O and if
this is the case, assume VGA exists.

Anyway, it'd be nice if someone could test this. I plan on committing it
once I finish up the detection support so it can be in GENERIC.

Regards,

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth."