OpenIMPACT ia64 compiler is dead

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Aug 16 09:46:13 UTC 2010

Here's what I've got from Win-mei Hwu (Illinois):

*quote*
I would like to thank you for your interest in the IMPACT compiler.

We have moved away from the IMPACT ia64 compiler development
since 2005. I was very disappointed with Intel's lack of commitment
to ia64. My research team has moved into programming tools and
algorithms for GPU computing since then.

You should still be able to access a last version of the OpenIMPACT
compiler at our web site. Try impact.crhc.illinois.edu and look under
OpenIMPACT.

Wen-mei
*quote*

Nothing unexpected, of course.

HPC is GPU - that's what I hear from all sources.

--
Anton Shterenlikht
Room 2.6, Queen's Building