installing from CD

ToyoRunner toyorunner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 16:32:20 UTC 2009

Sometimes the MP loses its' mind and doesn't understand what state the
system is in. An MP reset(as you did) usually solves this for me. I
haven't had the same power off problems you are having however.
FreeBSD as far as I know is blissfully unaware of the MP. There is no
control mechanism for MP access through FreeBSD.

As far as drive layout, you should boot off of the first disk the
system recognizes (although EFI doesn't really care about disk order.
Just saves wear and tear on the old noggin.)