crosscompiled gcc

"Marc Lörner" loerner at gmx.de
Tue Dec 15 10:15:35 PST 2009

>> Hello,
>> I'm trying to build a crosscompiled GCC for compiling and linking code
>> to run on 8.0-Release. For 7.0 I got it working after setting some
>> configure options.
>
>Hi Marc,
>
>Can you be a bit more explicit. In particular, can you state what
>the build, host and target "triples" are?

target=ia64-unknown-freebsd8.0
host=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

>> Now, as it seems, something was changed/patched in gcc from 7.0 to 8.0.
>> So does anybody know where to tweak/patch or what to put in configuration
>> of original gcc 4.2.1 to make crosscompilling work for 8.0?
>
>Can you share what you did before to make it work? Maybe from the
>patch I can understand the problem you're trying to solve.

For 7.0:
- make sysroot directory with all headers and libraries used
  and put "--with-sysroot=XXX" as parameters of configure-scripts
- Add "--disable-werror" to configure of binutils2.17
- Add above and "--disable-initfini-array" to configure of gcc
=> This worked for me, but unfortunately doesn't for 8.0.

It seems compilation works, because I can run compiled kernel-objects.
But for userspace programs linked to libraries I get ld-elf.so undefined
symbol... errors.

Maybe you have some ideas to solve this.

I already tried to use gcc-source from "/usr/src/contrib/" which doesn't
work, too.

Regards,
Marc