Install problem HP integrity rx2660(Montecito)

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Thu Jun 28 15:49:10 UTC 2007

On Jun 28, 2007, at 1:01 AM, Richard Walter wrote:

> you wrote:
> Your panic looks different, but if you could put a breakpoint on
> subyte()+0x41. The st1 instruction writes to user space. Can you
> check if the machine reboots because of that instruction?
>

> Can you mail an instruction, how i can do that ?

1. Interrupt (with the space bar) the autoboot of the FreeBSD loader.
2. At the loader prompt type: boot -d <enter>
3. The kernel will boot and immediately drop into the debugger.
    At the debugger prompt type: break subyte+0x41 <enter>
4. Continue booting the kernel by typing: continue <enter>

If you reach the kernel debugger (by virtue of hitting the breakpoint),
then type: step <enter>

If the machine reboots before hitting the breakpoint, then please send
the output of the errdump EFI shell command. In particular, I'm
interested
in the mca logs.

Please do the same if the machine reboots when you do the step in the
debugger. Just let me know that you reached the breakpoint :-)
FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com