Install problem HP integrity rx2660(Montecito)

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Wed Jun 27 15:39:15 UTC 2007

On Jun 27, 2007, at 1:16 AM, Richard Walter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i've tried to boot with the June snapshot, but after the output
> (follows)
> the machine reboots. I've tried to attach a "boot -v" too.

I too have a panic. In my case the panic happens when we construct
the init(8) process and in particular when we write the very first
by out to the stack. There's a page fault for it, which is expected,
but when we try to handle the page fault in the IVT something
happens the moment we switch to physical addressing. The end result
is that we dont call trap with vector 0x14 (i.e. a page fault), but
with vector 0x18 (general exception). The kernel doesn't know what
to do with that and panics.

Your panic looks different, but if you could put a breakpoint on
subyte()+0x41. The st1 instruction writes to user space. Can you
check if the machine reboots because of that instruction? If yes,
we may be looking at the same problem. We just have different
failure modes then. If you don't even reach subyte() then I assume
you're having a different problem.

> uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed
> uhub0: device problem (INVAL), disabling port 1
> uhub0: port 3, set config at addr 2 failed
> uhub0: device problem (INVAL), disabling port 3

I see ukbd and ums devices at this point.

> Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
> md0: Preloaded image </boot/mfsroot> 8388608 bytes at
> 0xe000000004c13118

I'm netbooting and have root over NFS. I'll try the snapshot
myself and see if I have the same failure.

> pcib0: matched entry for 0.2.INTB
> pcib0: slot 2 INTB hardwired to IRQ 18
> Starting: HP-UX Primary Boot: 0/1/1/0.0.0.0.0

This is weird.... I seem to recall having problems with verbose
boot as well. It may be a compiler bug...
FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com