incorrect memory shown

Hiroharu Tamaru tamaru at myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Oct 2 06:54:48 PDT 2006

At Mon, 02 Oct 2006 15:05:59 +0200, Bjorn / Quest 82 BV wrote:

> We have a Dual Itanium2 server with 4GB of memory running FreeBSD6.1/IA64

> In one thread, I read something about 'machdep.c', but this thread seems
> incomplete and is about a previous version of FreeBSD.

I assume you are referring to
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ia64/2005-March/000859.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ia64/2005-March/000863.html

You can see it for yourself that things have not changed since then
for this matter:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/ia64/ia64/machdep.c?annotate=1.208

See lines 700 - 713.

I'm not sure how much it will take to implement the missing bits.

It'll be nice to know what other things are needed aside
from the bounce buffers the comment explicitly mentions,
and how much of a work it could be? (In the sence that if it
could be a Sunday kernel programming project or not?)

--
Hiroharu Tamaru