Mozilla / Firefox: regxpcom or regchrome broken on ia64?

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Thu Sep 15 23:33:39 PDT 2005

On Sep 15, 2005, at 10:24 PM, Thierry Thomas wrote:

>>> I have no ia64 machine; could someone check if regxpcom and
>>> regchrome are
>>> OK on this platform?
>>>

>> They are threaded, right?
>>

> On i386, yes, they are:
*snip*
> Should be the same on ia64.
>
> Note: I have forgotten to mention in my first message, but pointyhat
> only reports this bug for FreeBSD-7.

I was suspicious about that. That's also why I wanted to know if
they were threaded.

I think the problem relates to SMP and libpthread. In particular the
saving and restoring of the high FP registers. If my theory is
correct, there should be no problems if regxpcom and regchrome are
linked against libthr.

Could you file a PR against ia64 for this. I can't take a look at it
right away, but it's important enough to get it fixed soon. I'd like
to be reminded about it...

Thanks,

  Marcel Moolenaar         USPA: A-39004          marcel at xcllnt.net