Problems installing 5.2.1 onto HP rx2600

Gian-Paolo Musumeci gdm at pdti.net
Thu Mar 25 11:00:11 PST 2004

Hey folks.

I'm having some difficulties getting FreeBSD 5.2.1 installed on an rx2600.
The system boots from the internal DVD mechanism without problems (although
I can't use the CDs as install media), and correctly starts a network
install.

At exactly 85% of the way through the base, sysinstall crashes with the
error message: "Fatal Error: Invalid realloc size of 0!".  I've tried a
few different mirrors and the problem is persistent.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong here?

Cheers /gdm