IA64 install problem

Natalie Protasevich protasnb at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 16:44:17 PST 2004

> > Trying again, with only /, /efi, and swap, it
> > still
> > fails to mount /efi.
>
> I need to understand the environment in which this
> is happening a
> bit better before I can contemplate what might be
> wrong. Can you
> answer the following questions:
>
> In what order did you create the file systems?
> Was there already a GPT on the disk and did it had
> partitions?
I tried to erase existing partitions, but got the
error above. Finally, I did low-level format on the
hard drive with the same outcome (multiple times). I
tried putting partitions in various orders, but the
EFI partition was the one to always fail to mount...
It seems like it either did not get formatted
properly, or was mounted with some wrong
parameter(s).

> What do you mean with only "?/?" is mounted?
Sorry, it is the editor who did it. It just means /,
I put quotation marks around it. I am in the Yahoo
editor, and now worried about how the message I'm
typing right now will come out...
> /etc/fstab doesn't contain the file systems you're
> creating with
> sysinstall. A proper fstab is created last on the
> to-be root file
> system (which is not the same as the root file
> system used by
> sysintall).
This is good to know.

Thanks for the prompt response,