Installing FreeBSD on HP i2000 BigSur

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Sun Oct 26 02:15:02 PST 2003

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 10:57:24AM +0100, Oliver Fuckner wrote:

> >Oh: do not enable SMP.
>
> Is this a general or just a problem with pluto-machines ?

The i2000 has an Intel chipset, not a zx1. Other than that, it's
generic.

> >Note that most of the above is due to bugs or incompleteness. It
> >will eventually be resolved.
>
> I see, it is still a long way to tier-1.

No, not really. There are really only 2 things that need to be done
before I think we're good enough to be a tier 1 platform. The
schedule is tier 1 status when 5.x goes stable. That should be
in Feb. 2004. That's just 4 months...

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net