FreeBSD/ia64 5.1-BETA Hardware Notes Page Preview

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Wed May 14 11:22:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:26:11AM -0700, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>
> > I would also suggest to remove headings for which we don't have
> > a body. In the final version of course. This removes 3.3-3.7,
> > 3.9-3.10 and 3.12-3.14. I don't think we don't support ISDN
> > devices or FDDI or Firewire, but we simply don't know. Better
> > to leave things unsaid...
>
> Bottom line:  It's probably not anything that Jim can do anything
> about...sorry about that.  :-(

No worries.

> PS.  We could *insert* some MD text into those sections so that they
> are not empty, but I can't make the section headings go away.

Why not. If all else fails we can sum up the device we think have
a chance to work. Just collect all the devices we know about and
filter out those devices that don't have PCI interfaces. Given
that we don't have much experience in the field, describing what
we expect on top of what we know may be informative...

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net