i386/155768: security run output: +amr0: Too many retries on command 0xc7483ad8. Controller is likely dead

Artur artur at ybka.com
Wed Mar 30 10:18:24 UTC 2011

 Hi,
    it is not exactly right. Server is just switched from OpenDSD to
 FreeBSD.
 OpenBSD RAID driver worked fine with this Intel controller without any
 problem or messages in logs.
 FreeBSD works fine to but the messages inform that driver is not so
 perfect in my opinion.
 When I switched on caching system in the RAID controller there was many
 more messages in the logs like:
 +amr0: Too many retries on command 0xc7483ad8.  Controller is likely
 dead
 When the cache is switched off there are only a few messages in the
 logs -
 I think when RAID controller do not reports the end of disc operation
 fast enough then driver reports error.
 I think that controller works fine but the driver is just to "nervous".
 Please try to investigate this issue - the problem is not resolved -
 I saw reports like my in google results - it is not only my problem.

 Best regards,
 Artur