i386/154132: [boot] Failure during boot w/ supermicro H8QGi

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 19 18:10:12 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR i386/154132; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Matuska <mm at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, dariop at webnx.com
Subject: Re: i386/154132: [boot] Failure during boot w/ supermicro H8QGi
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:00:44 +0100

 We experience this very same problem on a SuperMicro 1042G-TF server
 (mainboard: H8QGi+-F).

 I can confirm that the uart(4) driver causes the boot problem.
 A kernel without this driver boots and runs without problems and if you
 issue "kldload uart", the system hangs.

 As the GENERIC kernel does include uart(4), you need a custom kernel.