i386/148444: [hang] intel driver freezes system with 855gm

AlexNT crazyalexnt at inbox.ru
Tue Jul 20 02:30:04 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR i386/148444; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: AlexNT <crazyalexnt at inbox.ru>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, SerShav at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: i386/148444: [hang] intel driver freezes system with 855gm
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:23:24 +0600

 I checked the situation on the laptop Dell Inspirion 510m, built-in video based on the Intel 855GME.
 After the upgrade to Xorg 7.4 -> 7.5 when starting X - a black screen and the system freezes.
 I think that these problems arose because of the new driver xf86-video-intel because of the patches
 or a programming error.

 Please check the situation closely, because no driver creates a big problem in the work at the moment.
 If required I am ready to test patches on the Dell 540m.