i386/147842: [install] Installation Failure on Panasonic CF-Y5

Toshihito Shibasaki shiba-tt at fa2.so-net.ne.jp
Sun Dec 19 03:10:12 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR i386/147842; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Toshihito Shibasaki <shiba-tt at fa2.so-net.ne.jp>
To: Bruce Cran <bruce at cran.org.uk>, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/147842: [install] Installation Failure on Panasonic CF-Y5
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 09:07:57 +0800

 I have sent "dmesg.txt" and "lsout.txt" to ftp://ftp.bluestop.org/
 incoming" yesterday.

 But procedures taken are a little bit different from your instruction.
                                 Since I could not enter "FIXIT" mode
                                 with LiveFS CD,
 * I start FreeBSD 8.1 with KDE installed on this PC
 * Start Terminal console and be Super User
 * use "sysinstall" command and go into "FITIT" mode.

 By the way, installation of FreeBSD8.0 did not succeed, but
 installation of FreeBSD8.1 succeeded. So, I thought this problem had
 been already fixed.

 Best Regards,