i386/146075: lack of proper video driver

remko at FreeBSD.org remko at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 27 13:18:30 UTC 2010

Synopsis: lack of proper video driver

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Tue Apr 27 13:16:35 UTC 2010
State-Changed-Why:
I think this is a little misunderstandig. Sometimes the X system needs
drivers from the system, drivers which you didn't load. I can imagine
that you are not doing that on purpose, so I would like to point you to
the x11@ mailinglist, and/or the questions@ mailinglist to help and
determine how and which driver you can and should load to get this properly
going.

If we can find out that for example the driver is not yet suppoted, please
report back to me so that I can open the PR  again, and if I have enough
information perhaps add a quirck to one of the drivers to make it work
or communicate with developers to get support in (or at least know the
position and possibilities of a driver).

Thanks for understanding and trying to get FreeBSD even better, it's
appreciated!