i386/132596: examples/cvsup/ports-supfile still oriented on cvsup port

Sergey starikov at caotus.ru
Fri Mar 13 00:00:09 PDT 2009

>Number:         132596
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       examples/cvsup/ports-supfile still oriented on cvsup port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD borman.caotus.ru 7.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE #1: Thu Feb 12 08:24:49 MSK 2009     root at borman.caotus.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BORMAN  i386

AFAIK from FreeBSD 6.2 base system contains its own rewritten in C cvsup client called csup.

FreeBSD 7.1 already was released.
But /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile still contains:

\begin{quotation}
# CVSup (CVS Update Protocol) allows you to download the latest CVS
# tree (or any branch of development therefrom) to your system easily
# and efficiently (far more so than with sup, which CVSup is aimed
# at replacing).  If you're running CVSup interactively, and are
# currently using an X display server, you should run CVSup as follows
# to keep your CVS tree up-to-date:
#
#       cvsup ports-supfile
#
# If not running X, or invoking cvsup from a non-interactive script, then
# run it as follows:
#
#       cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
#
\end{quotation}

I think, this example must point user to standard cvsup client csup
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Change commands in quoted example to:

\begin{quotation}
#       csup -L 2 ports-supfile
\end{quotation}

or add someting like

\begin{quotation}
# Now for non-interactive update without X11
# we recommend to use standard cvsup client,
# included in base system:
#
#       csup -L 2 ports-supfile
\end{quotation}