i386/125592: [hang] FreeBSD 7 server in hang

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue Sep 16 09:40:04 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR i386/125592; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Remko Lodder" <remko at elvandar.org>
To: "Chris" <chris at cretaforce.gr>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/125592: [hang] FreeBSD 7 server in hang
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:46:30 +0200 (CEST)

 On Tue, September 16, 2008 10:40 am, Chris wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR i386/125592; it has been noted by
 > GNATS.
 >
 > From: Chris <chris at cretaforce.gr>
 > To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, gpbuono at gmail.com
 > Subject: Re: i386/125592: [hang] FreeBSD 7 server in hang
 > Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:40:40 +0300
 >
 >  When the server hangs, as I said I can't ssh or visit any website hosted
 >  on this server, but I can use nmap and see that port 22,25,53,80 are all
 >  open.

 So it seems the machine is still able to proces at least something, but
 that it magically hangs.

 As we discussed on IRC, it would be helpful if you can update to the
 latest 7-STABLE version so that we can see whether the -RELEASE would also
 have this problem and potentially see where this resides.

 Cheers,
 remko

 --
 /"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
 \ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet