i386/129953: ACPI timeout (CDROM) with Shuttle X27D

Roger Savard golf at henoc.com
Fri Dec 26 07:10:02 PST 2008

>Number:         129953
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       ACPI timeout (CDROM) with Shuttle X27D
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Good morning, Happy holidays.

I want to upgrade my FreeBSD infrastructure from 6.2-RC2 to the latest release and I'm using the latest Shuttle X27D little systems. Everything is working just fine within VMWARE but in real world, the installation is really slow and at reboot on the console, I always get ACPI error: \SBUS... retries on the acd0 device (cdrom). I tried debian latest (no network) OpenSolaris is so slow .. so I,ll stick with FreeBSD. I'll google the topic.
Thanks for great help and work.

>How-To-Repeat:
Install using same hardware!
>Fix:
Tried disabling noacpi at boot but it panics and freezes.