i386/126908: FreeBSD i386 install crash at Waiting 5 seconds for SCSI devices to settle

Alexandru Paun alyens at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 07:50:02 UTC 2008

>Number:         126908
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       FreeBSD i386 install crash at Waiting 5 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I've tried to install FreeBSD on a HP xw9300 Workstation (amd64 opteron cpu).
First I've downloaded FreeBSD for amd64. When I've run the distribution it crashed at the start
Then I read on internet about the problems with amd64 and FreeBSD 6.3 so I've choose i386 version.

I've downloaded i386 version and after that I've run the install CD. Started to boot ok but when got the message "Waiting 5 seconds for SCSI devices to settle" stopped and blocked.