kern/123200: Server failure due to netgraph mpd and dhcpclient

vwe at FreeBSD.org vwe at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 29 20:37:33 UTC 2008

Synopsis: Server failure due to netgraph mpd and dhcpclient

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: vwe
State-Changed-When: Tue Apr 29 20:28:08 UTC 2008
State-Changed-Why:

At the very first look on your configuration, I've seen one misconfiguration
which might cause problems: You're using a netmask greater than /32 for alias
addresses on same subnet (take a look at I/F fxp0 addresses 192.168.0.101,
192.168.0.199 and 192.168.0.1 share the same subnet (/24) and all three have
a netmask of /24. Only one should have a /24, the others should be created
as /32.
If you're experiencing kernel panics, please provide us with the kernel dump
(panic message AND the backtrace).
If you don't get a panic, please recompile your kernel with WITNESS enabled
and show us the witness messages.
Also please explain a bit about your DHCP issue (to me it's unclear what role
dhcp_client may play here). Do you start mpd from the DHCP script of vice versa?
Please show us your mpd configuration. Also a look to the routing table might
be useful.
Anyway we need the panic message and a backtrace to analyze or witness messages.
Problem does not seem to be i386 related - reclassify.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-i386->freebsd-bugs
Responsible-Changed-By: vwe
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Apr 29 20:28:08 UTC 2008
Responsible-Changed-Why:

set to feedback