i386/76666: Booting and Sound are mutually exclusive on Toshiba laptops in 5.x

Alejandro Valenzuela Roca (lanjoe9) lanjoe9 at mexinetica.com
Sun Oct 28 09:08:05 PDT 2007

> I no longer have this computer, so I cannot confirm.

> On 6/24/07, Gavin Atkinson <gavin at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Synopsis: Booting and Sound are mutually exclusive on Toshiba laptops in 5.x
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
>> State-Changed-By: gavin
>> State-Changed-When: Sun Jun 24 08:42:55 UTC 2007
>> State-Changed-Why:
>>
>> To submitter:  Are you able to confirm if this is fixed on more
>> recent versions of FreeBSD?  I used to have this same problem on
>> my Toshiba laptop, but it was fixed for me a few years ago now.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=76666

I used to have that kind of problem on a 5205-s503 but it worked fine after 5.3. I can't say whether or not it works under FreeBSD 6, because the computer was damaged in an accident, but I'm almost sure it should boot fine without any odd settings.

I have a Toshiba tablet and everything from 6.x upwards works fine (never tested 5.x).