i386/112700: SMP Kernel with FreeBSD 6.2 release on compaq dl360 g1 acpi disabled

James Price james at digitalciti.com
Wed May 16 06:30:06 UTC 2007

>Number:         112700
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       SMP Kernel with FreeBSD 6.2 release on compaq dl360 g1 acpi disabled
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have several Compaq DL360's loaded with their latest BIOS.  One they don't boot with ACPI enabled, seen this problem before in ealier releases, I just disable it.  The difference now in 6.2 vs a machine I have 6.0 running on is SMP no longer works when compiled in.

The bios detects 2 CPU's, I know if I load 6.0 release on here it will work.

Any known issues with this?

Thanks
James