i386/109433: MountRoot. Have tried 4 disks, each on 5 machines. Initial installation from CD was fine, however after reboot always go to MountRoot which will not allow any keyboard input or do anything at all. Please help.

Smiley firework123 at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:00:15 UTC 2007

>Number:         109433
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       MountRoot. Have tried 4 disks, each on 5 machines. Initial installation from CD was fine, however after reboot always go to MountRoot which will not allow any keyboard input or do anything at all. Please help.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Install 6.1 but keep getting mountroot problem after initial install. When this came up, there is nothing can be done. As the keybroad doesn't take anything. However if taken option 3 or 6, you would get ? and fstype:disk. I have tried all the combinations but non give me any wiser solution.

I have tried 4 disks, all on 5 different machines but all came up with the same error. After numerouos tries. I managed to get a 'improved' copy of install on one of the disk. However the cvs folder was missing hence I cannot do the port. So I re-install from beginning again. Ever since, I have not managed to get it to work at all. All come up with MountRoot.

Anyone help ?