i386/84397: [if_ndis] if_ndis + wmp54g = fatal trap 12 error

Thomas David Rivers rivers at dignus.com
Tue Feb 20 06:40:09 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR i386/84397; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas David Rivers <rivers at dignus.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, mfahey at gmail.com
Subject: Re: i386/84397: [if_ndis] if_ndis + wmp54g = fatal trap 12 error
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:03:34 -0500 (EST)

 I'd like to add that I'm getting a suspiciously similar panic
 with this device on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE.

 However, this is with a Linksys wmp64g version 4.1.   That
 seems to use the RT61 driver from Ralink.

 My situation sounds very similar, I can bring the interface
 up and negotiate a DHCP session to obtain an IP address,
 etc... but - as soon as we try to move a packet through
 the interface, I get a panic.

 As soon as I can get kdbg to cooperate, I'll provide a kernel
 traceback.

 	- Thanks -
 	- Dave Rivers -

 --