i386/108666: Geometry

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 1 20:40:23 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR i386/108666; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Remko Lodder <remko at FreeBSD.org>
To: Serega <serg_pochta at mail.ru>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/108666: Geometry
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:37:53 +0100

 Serega wrote:
 >> Number:         108666
 >> Category:       i386
 >> Synopsis:       Geometry
 >> Confidential:   no
 >> Severity:       critical
 > óÔÁ×ÌÀ FreeBSD 6.2, ÐÅÒÅÄ ÔÅÍ ËÏÇÄÁ ÏÎ ÐÒÅÄÌÁÇÁÅÔ ÓÏÚÄÁÔØ ÒÁÚÄÅÌ ÐÏÄ ÎÅÇÏ, ×ÙÄÁÅÔ ÏÛÉÂËÕ, ÍÏÌ, Õ ÔÅÂÑ ÕËÁÚÁÎÏ ÎÅÐÒÁ×ÉÌØÎÏÅ ÚÎÁÞÅÎÉÅ Geometry 484521/16/63, ÐÏÓÌÅ ÔÏÇÏ ËÁË ÎÁÖÉÍÁÀ ËÎÏÐËÕ "ÐÏÎÑÌ", ÓÏÚÄÁÔØ ÒÁÚÄÅÌ ÎÅ ÄÁÅÔ.
 > ëÏÎÆÉÇ ÄÉÓËÏ× ÔÁËÏÊ:
 > 1 HDD - 120 çâ ( 2 ÏÓÎÏ×ÎÙÈ ÒÁÚÄÅÌÁ (C: 20 çâ & D: 71,8 çâ) )
 > 2 HDD - 250 çâ ( 1 ÏÓÎÏ×ÎÏÊ (E: 220 çâ) )
 > C É E - ÁËÔÉ×ÎÙÅ ÒÁÚÄÅÌÙ.
 >> How-To-Repeat:
 > îÁÞÁÔØ ÕÓÔÁÎÏ×ËÕ É ÄÏÊÔÉ ÄÏ ÒÁÚÂÉÅÎÉÑ ÄÉÓËÁ.
 >> Fix:
 > óÕÄÑ ÐÏ ×ÓÅÍÕ ÎÁÄÏ ÉÚÍÅÎÉÔØ ÚÎÁÞÅÎÉÅ Geometry, ÎÏ ËÁËÏÅ?
 >> Release-Note:
 >> Audit-Trail:
 >> Unformatted:

 Hello,

 Thank you for the report, I have to admit that it does not tell me
 anything though. I dont understand russian and the support is english
 only. Can you please translate it into English? Also: please consider
 asking around on the mailinglists first before submitting a PR ticket.

 thanks,
 remko

 --
 Kind regards,

       Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
       FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

       /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */