i386/103624: Problem installing on Dell Powervault 745N

Bruce M Simpson bms at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 25 11:07:29 PDT 2006

Synopsis: Problem installing on Dell Powervault 745N

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: bms
State-Changed-When: Mon Sep 25 18:05:31 UTC 2006
State-Changed-Why:
We need more information about this beast.

>From what little from-the-hip google research I have done, I
learn that this thing is a Pentium 4 machine with a SATA backplane.

What we'd need to know is what kind of controller it has.
For that, it may be best if you can load and run FreeBSD via CDROM
or possibly FreeSBIE -- we need to get the system up to single
user from a CDROM or NFS or ram disk, run pciconf -lv and get
the IDs of the RAID controller which is being problematic.

Hope this helps!