i386/103435: Kernel appears somewhat deadlocked during heavy ATA I/O (post-August 4th)

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Sep 20 09:50:44 PDT 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/103435; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org, freebsd-i386 at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/103435: Kernel appears somewhat deadlocked during heavy ATA I/O (post-August 4th)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:32:07 -0700

 I'd like to note that this may be similar to the issue reported
 last year, which only just got grabbed on the 11th:

 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/86364

 Worth cross-referencing -- although in my case I'm using the
 native ICH5 SATA controller and not a Promise controller.  (Though I
 do have a Promise controller in the box, it has no drives connected
 to it at all).

 | Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |