i386/102943: kernel crash when unloading the xfs kernel module

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 6 16:50:30 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/102943; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Remko Lodder <remko at FreeBSD.org>
To: Timothy Demulder <timothy at syphzero.net>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org,  rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/102943: kernel crash when unloading the xfs kernel module
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:46:47 +0200

 Timothy Demulder wrote:

 >> Environment:
 > FreeBSD  7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Sep  6 15:10:00 UTC 2006     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
 > After kldunloading xfs, the kernel crashes.
 > Nothing happens directly after unloading but simply entering a character at the shell will trigger a kernel panic.
 >> How-To-Repeat:
 > # kldload xfs
 > # kldunload xfs
 > # <whatever>
 > crash

 Hello Timothy,

 Can you also tell how you are using XFS? If you use it as primary
 filesystem the resulting crash is not weird or so ;-)

 Please do note on forehand that 7-CURRENT is not yet supported
 and seen as development platform, so this could be the result
 of development instead.

 Though I have CC'ed the last one touching the XFS files in the
 mailing..

 Hope this helps!
 --
 Kind regards,

       Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
       FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

       /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */