i386/93787: freebsd 6.0 hangs on atkbd0 on Proliant 1850r server and Dl380 server

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Oct 27 09:00:37 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/93787; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at optushome.com.au>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, mrfordwrench at powerpony.net
Subject: Re: i386/93787: freebsd 6.0 hangs on atkbd0 on Proliant 1850r server and Dl380 server
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:50:20 +1000

 --bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

 I'm getting the same problem with 6.1-RELEASE on an uniprocessor
 1850R.  In my case the system is connected thru a KVM which may be an
 issue but I was not in a position to test without the KVM.

 Disabling atkbdc0 and sc0 in the boot loader and using a serial console
 works.  I'm updating the system to 6-STABLE to see if that helps.

 In my case, ACPI will not start - the boot loader reports a checksum
 error - and is disabled.

 --=20
 Peter Jeremy

 --bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5