i386/103025

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Oct 26 18:30:33 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/103025; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Cc: samueltung at arinfotek.com.tw, williamchen at arinfotek.com.tw
Subject: i386/103025
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:29:12 -0400 (EDT)

 Clearly the message in the audit trail is wrong and not applicable to this
 ticket.

 Anyway, I can confirm the bug exists on NetBSD as well, but does not:

 *) Cause a kernel panic
 *) Cause USB device service interruption (at least in my limited testing
     using a USB keyboard for development)

 Samuel/William:  Can you please provide a patch/diff of your revised
 ehci_pci.c and echi.c against the latest "HEAD" version of the files in
 the FreeBSD CVS tree and will attempt to determine if they are applicable
 to backport to NetBSD and OpenBSD.

 Thanks!

 ~BAS

 usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
 uhub0 at usb0
 uhub0: Advanced Micro OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
 ehci0 at pci0 dev 15 function 5: Advanced Micro Devices product 0x2095
 (rev. 0x02)                            ehci0: interrupting at irq 7
 ehci0: BIOS has given up ownership
 ehci0: EHCI version 1.0
 ehci0: companion controller, 4 ports each: ohci0
 usb1 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
 uhub1 at usb1
 uhub1: Advanced Micro EHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1
 uhub1: single transaction translator

 l8*
  	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
  	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

 "...from back in the heady days when "helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
 meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
 of laser printout - and frequently were."