i386/104757: Burning 6.1 iso images in nero6 fails around the 90%

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 24 10:30:37 PDT 2006

The following reply was made to PR i386/104757; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Remko Lodder <remko at FreeBSD.org>
To: Peter Vouzas <vouzas at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/104757: Burning 6.1 iso images in nero6 fails around the
 90%
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:25:00 +0200

 > Downloading 6.1 iso images for i386 from various ftp points succcesfull.
 > Burning boot iso images succesfull
 > Burning Disk1 and Disk2 iso images fails around the 90% mark?
 >
 > What should I do as I have gone through 15 cd attempts. I have tried low spped burning at 200kb/sec and still have problems. Most simulation attempts also fail. If they are succesfull they fail on the actual burning.
 >
 > I have no problems burning other files. Are the 386 FreeBSD 6.1 iso images error free?

 Hello Peter,

 This does not look good indeed, can you perhaps open up the ISO image
 using Nero ? (Not sure whether that works actually). Do you have
 rewriteable CD's? (which sound good for this occassion).  I personally
 downloaded the ISO image for 6.1-bootonly and that worked out of the
 box, perhaps you can give that a try as well?

 Thanks in advance,

 Remko

 --
 Kind regards,

       Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
       FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

       /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */