i386/99645: Xorg savage driver causes display to hang at unload

Saul jaglover at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 14:20:19 UTC 2006

>Number:         99645
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Xorg savage driver causes display to hang at unload
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD mate.saul.homeunix.org 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Sat May 13 18:40:02 EDT 2006     root at mate.saul.homeunix.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MATE  i386

Thinkpad T23. When using savage driver exiting X causes display to hang. I logged on over ssh and could see X exits normally. Only the display is not restored and stays garbled - unusable. Commenting out various options in xorg.conf didn't change a thing. Using vesa right now.
>How-To-Repeat:
Enable savage driver in xorg.conf.